By enabling Thinglink for your website you can easily tag any image on your website or blog without leaving your site.
1. Click the below link to access your personal embed code. Copy this code.
2. Paste the code into the HTML document of your website/blog. Place it on the template of your blog or website so that it is visible on all pages. It is best to put it near the bottom, as close to the </body> tag as possible, but not after it. See detailed instructions for most common platforms below.
Once ThingLink is enabled, you will be able to tag any image on your site from the site. Make sure you are logged in to ThingLink in that browser.
- Log in to WordPress admin (usually yourblog.com/wp-admin)
- Select Add New under Plugins in the left panel of your admin
- Search for “Official Thinglink Plugin” and install it. After enabling the plugin, select Thinglink from Plugins menu and make sure your Thinglink ID is filled in. If it is not, copy and paste your ID manually from My Account page
- Click Save (even if the ID was already there)
- Go to your blog, hover over any image and start tagging your images by clicking the Edit tags icon. Make sure you are logged into Thinglink in order to tag images. When publishing new posts, you can also tag your images in the WordPress Preview mode. Tagging from inside the WordPress editor is not possible.
- Log in to Blogger and go to the dashboard of your blog.
- Open "Layout" (or "Design" in the older Blogger interface) section from the navigation and click "Add a gadget" anywhere on the layout
- Enter title "ThingLink" and paste the above code
- Click "Save"
- Now go to your blog and start tagging your images by clicking the Edit tags icon. Remember to be logged into Thinglink in order to tag images
- Log in to Tumblr and open tumblr.com/customize to customize your template
- Select Customize theme in Tumblr and paste your code to the Description box
- Open your blog and start tagging your images by clicking the Edit tags icon. Remember to be logged into Thinglink in order to tag images
- Log into your Drupal site (typically http://YOURSITE.com/drupal) and choose Structure from the top menu
- Click on Block and then Add block to create a block for Thinglink
- Name your block Thinglink, paste the embed code to Block body and save the block
- Scroll down in the Blocks view and locate Thinglink under the disabled blocks
- Set its region to Footer and click Save blocks.
- Go to Joomla administrator panel. It is usually located at http://YOURSITE.com/administrator. Select Template Manager from the menu
- See what template is used on the site as default and memorize it. Usually that is the one you want to enable Thinglink on. Of course you may enable Thinglink on other templates too, if you want
- Click on Templates. Select the template you just memorized
- Click Edit main page template under Template Master Files
- Scroll to the bottom of the template code and paste the embed code from your clipboard just before the </body> tag
- Save the template and go to your site to see Thinglink activated on your images. Now you can tag any image by clicking on the pen on the top left corner. If you have not tagged an image, your users will not see any difference
- Navigate to the Design & Options section in Bandzoogle
- Click the Footer Text on the left side of the menu
- Paste the contents from the clipboard to the Footer Text box. If you already have some existing content in the footer, just make sure that not to overwrite them, but put the embed code after it (see the screenshot)
- Click Save
- Sign into your TypePad account. Choose Design tab from the top navigation and then Content from the navigation on the left side of the page
- Scroll down the modules list, choose Embed your own HTML and then Add this module . You can name your module as you wish. Click OK and then save the changes.