Administrators of a ThingLink Organization have access to a variety of tools for overseeing members of the organization.
Oversee and manage all users (students and teachers) from the User tab on the My School page. At the top, see how many of your seats you have used. Purchase additional seats if necessary.
Below, see a full list of organization members. Click on a User ID to see the user's account. Find a user, with the search at the right, either by name or email. Search "student" to see all students or "teacher" to see all students.
To the right of user IDs there are a variety of management tools:
- Settings: Adjust user ID and account type (student or teacher)
- Change Password: Update the user's password. Passwords must be at least 8 characters with both numbers and letters.
- Suspend: Pause access to the account
- Remove from org: Remove the user (a former teacher or student) from the organization without deleting their account.
- Delete user: Delete the user. Any creations in their account will be deleted as well. This action cannot be undone.
Oversee and manage all groups from the Groups tab on the My School page.
Click on a group name to see all group members.
To the right of group names there are a variety of management tools:
- Owner: See the teacher that owns the group
- Invite code: This is the invite code required to join the group
- Settings: Change the group name and reset the invite code
- Add users: Add students to the group
- Delete: Delete the group. The members of the group will not be deleted, only the group itself.
When users without pre-approved email domains request to join, administrators can approve or reject their requests. Choose the Management Requests tab in the My School page. See pre-approved domains in the School Settings tab.
In the School Settings tab of the My School page, you will find the bulk of the administrator settings. Click on the yellow arrow icons to learn about each feature available to administrators.
LTI (Learning Tools Interoperability)
LTI (Learning Tools Interoperability) is a standard that allows you to integrate ThingLink with your LTI-compatible LMS. With the LTI integration in use, your students and teachers can access ThingLink from your LMS without the need for registration or login. Learn more about LTI integration here.