This article contains a short description for each new update or announcement for ThingLink. Check out the links to learn more!
Note that bug fixes & minor non-editor changes are not listed here.
Updates & Announcements
Minor updates to tour navigation menu
July, 21st 2020
- You can now search for specific scenes in the tour navigation menu
- Added a 'Home' button that takes the viewer to the first scene in the tour
Tour tag & LTI updates
June, 11th 2020
- The tour tag now shows a preview of the destination scene and allows you to add a short text label
- The LTI app is now shown in the left-hand navigation menu in Canvas and other LMSes
Improvements to Microsoft SSO for Schools & eLearning organizations
May, 27th 2020
Microsoft/Azure SSO integration now uses GraphAPI to automatically detect user roles, allowing you to sign up news users with a single click. See here for more information.
May, 25th 2020
- You can now scroll through long texts in text & media tags
- You can now scroll through multiple images in text & media tags
- Bug fixes
See this article for most up-to-date information on our VR mode!
Minor VR updates
March, 31st 2020
- Added support for videos uploaded into text & media tags
- Changed the player menu - added 'Exit VR' button and 'Back' button for tours
ThingLink editor is now available in French, Spanish, Russian and Arabic
March, 5th 2020
The editor interface now comes in several languages - see here for more details. We plan to translate the whole interface in the future.
Minor update - custom thumbnails for videos & 360 videos
February, 10th 2020
You can now upload a custom thumbnail for videos and 360 videos.
December 18th, 2019
If you have a School account and use G Suite, you can now enable a special integration that will automatically add any new users from your G Suite tenant to your ThingLink School account. Check out the link above for more details!
Shared folders rework
October, 31st 2019
Folders & Shared folders are now available for all account types. In addition to that, certain plans allow you to share a folder with select users rather than the whole organization - check out the articles below for details
- Folders for Classroom Learning (teacher, student and school) accounts
- Folders for Marketing & Editorial and eLearning accounts
This update also enables collaborative editing for all paid educational accounts.
Voice recording & offline viewing for desktop
October, 10th 2019
- You can now record your voice directly into the text & media tags. Use this to narrate your experience - or let the students use their voice!
- Certain plans allow you to download & view ThingLinks offline on your desktop - see this article for more details.
ThingLinks become interactive on Twitter
October, 8th 2019
ThingLinks will stay interactive then you post them to Twitter! Simply paste the share URL into your tweet or check out this article to learn more.
Minor updates - LTI for all School account & autorotation for 360 media
September, 26th 2019
- All Schools can use the LTI integration (previously in beta)
- 360 images & videos rotate to prompt the viewer to look around
Minor updates - upload videos directly into text & media tags
Septemeber, 11th 2019
- You can upload videos from your hard drive directly into the text & media tags, just like you'd upload images
Minor updates - improved scene selector for tours & changes to default scene names
August, 28th 2019
- All image titles now default to the file name instead of 'My Interactive Image'
- We've improved scene selector UI for users with shared folders
Minor updates - tag animation & custom icons for all
August, 26th 2019
- Custom icons are now available to all users
- You can enable pulsing tag animation for all tags in a scene
August, 21st 2019
We've rolled out an early test of collaborative editing for all content from shared folders, available to all paid eLearning users and as well as Marketing & Editorial Premium Team subscribers. Now you can simultaneously edit any media with your colleagues. Read more & see a simple example by clicking the header link.
August, 12th 2019
Since August 2019 ThingLink is one of Embed.ly providers. This means that you can now embed ThingLink content into websites that use Embed.ly, such as Medium and others.
July, 24th 2019
On July, 24th 2019 we've added basic keyboards accessibility for viewing content created in our new editor. The update is available for all content, including 360° images & videos. Click the link above for a short description of controls.
June 27, 2019
The post contains an overview of all major changes & updates received by ThingLink's products in the first 7 months of 2019 as well as a few examples of their implementation.ThingLink Announces Major Accessibility Update With Immersive Reader Integration
June 20, 2019
ThingLink has integrated Microsoft's Immersive Reader, which means all text descriptions, lessons, virtual tours, infographics, and videos created with ThingLink’s new editor now come with an integrated reading tool and automatic language translation capability.
June 20, 2019
The article contains an overview of recent changes to all ThingLink editors, including new & updated tag types, a radar feature for 360 content & more!
April 25, 2019
'...The solution we came up with lets anyone record their introduction to a topic and save it in the background of a virtual tour. This also includes being able to define a sequence for informational hotspots that matches with the narration and guides viewers’ attention during a tour.'
See the full article for a how-to video, an inspiring example and more information.