What is ThingLink Scenario Builder?
ThingLink’s new Scenario Builder offers a radically simple interface for building linear or non-linear immersive online experiences using interactive visual elements; images, videos, 360 media, 3D models as well as “options” that introduce the viewer to a choice or a question that they need to respond to continue their journey.
Check out the short video below.
What can I create with the Scenario Builder?
The scenario builder is quite versatile and can be used to create simulations, interactive training materials, linear or non-linear tours and assessment materials.
Scenarios consist of different blocks:
- ThingLink interactive media, or scenes.
- Third-party embeds - any tool or content that you can embed via an iframe, such as quizzes, presentations, maps, websites, forms, or anything else you might find useful.
- Branching blocks that change the learner’s path depending on their answer.
- Question blocks - open or multiple-choice questions.
- Text blocks that are simple text messages that you can show to your learners to provide feedback or link to other materials without using ThingLink scenes.
- Goals that allow you to track which scenes or branches the learner has visited. You can also assign points for each completed goal.
- Jump blocks that allow you to redirect learners to another part of a scenario.
See this article for detailed information on each block type and how to use them.
How can I share scenarios?
You can share scenarios via a link or by embedding them into your website or LMS. Scenarios can be public (available to everyone with a link), available to everyone who's connected to your ThingLink license, or shared with select users. For more information on sharing scenarios, see this article.
At the moment, scenarios are available on the following plans:
- eLearning Premium
- eLearning Enterprise
- Academic Enterprise
Scenarios are not available on individual teacher accounts or standard school accounts. You can try creating scenarios on a trial teacher account, but you will not be able to share them. If you are interested in this feature, please contact our team.
Scenarios are still in active development. If you'd like to provide feedback, please use this form.