You can now embed ThingLinks in Microsoft PowerPoint presentations using ThingLink Add-In:
- Copy the share link for the ThingLink scene you'd like to insert into your presentation. See this article for more information.
- Open your presentation and go to Insert > Get Add-ins if you are using the desktop app or Insert > More options > Add-ins if you are using Office365. Select the Store tab and search for ThingLink, then click Add.
- Paste the share link you've copied and click 'Embed media'.
You can resize and reposition the object just like you would resize any other object in PowerPoint.
What happens when I share the presentation?
If you share the presentation via a link, your viewers will need to be signed into their Microsoft account and approve the add-in to view the embedded ThingLink.
If you share the .pptx file, the viewers will need to simply approve the add-in to view the embedded ThingLink.
Certain features will not work in PowerPoint:
- It is not possible to view ThingLinks in full-screen mode. If you have a highly detailed image with a lot of tags, consider creating a slide with just that image.
- If the embed is too small, customizable tag layouts will revert to the default tag layout.
- If the embed is too small, static labels will be shown as normal text label tags with icons.
Will it work offline?
No, the add-in requires connection to the internet. If you are offline, the add-in will be empty.
I'm unable to access the Office store
If you cannot access the Office Add-ins store, your organization might have disabled it. Please reach out to your IT team.
The add-in displays an error message
If you get the following error, please ask your IT team to check if they can whitelist the ThingLink add-in: Add-in Error Office 365 has been configured to prevent individual acquisition and execution of Office Store Add-ins.
If you get any other errors, please take a screenshot and share it with our support team.