Uploading 360° Images
Start with uploading a 360° Image by clicking the ‘Create’ button and uploading your photo. The content type is determined automatically, so make sure that your image meets the following requirements:
- Supported file types: JPEG
- Aspect ratio: 2:1
- Max resolution: 8192 x 4096
Clone one of the images from ThingLink Image Library or download a sample file attached to this article to try out the editor!
Tagging 360° Images
After the image is uploaded, you will enter the editor. Click and drag the image to change the viewpoint and use the buttons on the left side to add a tag, access settings or save your creation. Explore the image below to see how the interface works.
Note: in the image below, only green tags are interactive.
Click ‘Add tag’ to begin tagging. Select a tag type on the left by clicking on it. Tips for tags in 360° images:
- Use 'Create tour' to connect multiple 360° scenes and create an immersive tour
- Use 'Add text and image' to add more information about an object, for close up images or getting another view that isn’t covered in your 360°
- Use 'embed code' to add an embed link for another 360° ThingLink image to make it interactive within this scene
After selecting a tag type, use the fields on the left to enter content for your tag. Click 'Done' after you finish adding content.
To move a tag, click and drag it across the screen.
Advanced settings for 360° images
Change initial direction. Clicking this button allows you to set your current view direction as the initial one. Upon loading, the viewers will see with this view.
Architectural mode. Toggle the switch to Preserves parallel lines and changes field of view to make an accent on the details.