All paid plans let you upload and use your own custom icons to enhance your interactive content.
Uploading custom icon sets
To upload custom assets, follow the steps below:
- Go to the Account Settings in the upper right menu
- Select the 'Custom tag icons' tab
- Click 'Upload icon set' button
In the pop-up window you can upload 3 versions of your icon:
- The default icon, what viewers see when they first mouse over the image (required).
- The hover icon. When a user hovers over a tag, they will see this version.
- The Highlight effect. Upload a glow asset to create a glowing effect around your tag.
Note: at the moment, our new editor does not support the hover icon & highlight effect.
After selecting all icon version for your custom set, click the 'Upload set' button. This will make your custom icons available in the tag editor.
File specifications for custom icons
Our new editor works only with SVG files. SVG files are scalable options that will look great on mobile, preventing icon overlap with small SVG icons. In addition to standard image files, GIF files can also be used to create animated icons. GIF files will animate your icons to create a moving tag on your image. Old editor can still use custom PNG icons.
Recomended specs for non-SVG files: 32x32 pixels image
Maximum upload size: 140x64 (width x height) pixels, 64 KB file size.
Existing icon sets can be edited from the same 'Custom tag icons' tab by clicking the 'Replace' button under the custom set's image.
Using custom icons for your tags
After you've uploaded a custom icon set from your account settings, the icons should become available in all editors.
To use your custom icons in image editors, select your tag (or create a new one) and click 'Change icon'. Your custom icons are shown under the default ThingLink's icons. Click on any of the custom icons to use it.
You can also upload plain icons from the same menu in the editor.
- Click on a tag or create a new one
- Click 'Change icon'
- Scroll down and click 'Upload icon'. Alternatevily, click the 'manage' link next to the custom icons to be taken to your Account settings
- Select any SVG file from your computer and click 'Upload'. Your custom icon will be available immediately after that