The background image of any scene can be changed after tagging. This can be used to save time when the background image must be edited. Instead of re-uploading and re-tagging, simply replace the background image with the updated version.
Please note that it may take up to an hour before the background image changes everywhere, although in most cases the process should not take more than a few minutes.
This feature works with both normal and 360 images. Note that you cannot change the media type by replacing the background image; in other words, replacing a 2D image with a 360 photo will not make it a 360 ThingLink. This feature is not available for videos.
How to replace the background image
- Open the image
- Click the 'More options' (three dots) button in the upper right corner, then select 'Replace background'
- A dialogue box will appear to choose another file to use as the background image
- The icons should stay in the same positions. However, if the new image has a different aspect ratio/dimensions you may need to adjust the icon placement.
- If the new image has different dimensions and the scene is embedded somewhere, we highly recommend getting fresh embed code via the 'Share' button.
- This feature uses standard upload specifications. If you get an error while trying to replace an image, check if the new file meets the upload specifications or not.