ThingLinks can be downloaded and viewed offline on desktop! This means that you no longer have to worry about having a weak Internet connection during a presentation or classroom activities.
The feature is available on the following plans:
- 'Premium Teams' and 'Enterprise' for Marketing & Editorial users
- 'Premium Academic License for Schools' and 'Enterprise Academic License' for educational accounts
- All paid eLearning & Corporate training accounts
At the moment there are no limits to how many scenes or tours can be downloaded.
If the feature is not available to you, skip to the end of this post to download a sample!
How can I download my ThingLinks?
- Open the scene you'd like to download
- Click three dots icon ('More options') in the top bar and select 'Download'
- Download the ThingLink Offline app for your operating system
- Copy the token displayed in the 'Download' window
- Open the app, paste the token and click the blue 'Import' button.
- Click on the scene miniature. It will open in your default browser.
The token can be shared and used by other people. This would still require them to download the ThingLink Offline app but would not require any authentification.
What content can be downloaded?
ThingLink Offline currently supports images, videos, 360° images and 360° videos. 3D models cannot be downloaded yet.
Embedded content such as YouTube and FlipGrid videos, Google Maps and other online services will display 'No Internet connection' error.
Note that scenarios cannot be downloaded for offline viewing.
Limitations & miscellaneous
- The app is available only for Windows and macOS (desktop).
- The app serves both as a downloader and a player. As a result, the app must be running while you are viewing offline content. It requires access to the Internet to download a scene but works offline once the scene is downloaded.
- The downloads do not synchronize with ThingLink's website. If you edit a scene on the website after downloading it via the app, you'd have to re-download it to update the offline file.
- Downloading the first scene from a tour will download all linked scenes as well.
- Certain features, such as VR and Immersive Reader, will not function. The VR button will open your tour in a new tab and try to load the experience if you have access to the Internet.
- Content from the old editor will be automatically converted into a new editor version.
- If you are downloading large files or tours, please make sure that you have a stable internet connection. You may encounter an error if your network changes or crashes while downloading the scene or tour.
If your plan does not support this feature, you can still download the app and try out the samples below!
- Sample image - copy & paste this token: 1205257932048957445_CuVSYSL64eo9J1q5rczEfS
- Sample 360 tour - copy & paste this token: 1238780432565141506_8J9jo5YKa5duVis5GvD8aD