While there's a number of tools for making simple SVG icons to use on ThingLink, it is also possible to download a wide variety of pre-made icons for free. In this article, you'll learn how to use Iconfinder for your ThingLink custom icons.
Finding icons on Iconfinder
- Go to iconfinder.com and use the search bar - enter the keywords that may be related to the icon you want to find
- Use the buttons on the left to filter your search results:
- Make sure to select 'Vector' icons under 'Format' as only SVG images can be used as custom icons
- Choose either free or premium icons
- Select a preferred license type. Iconfider has a number of icons available under a 'no link back' license.
- Click on the icon you'd like to download, then click the 'Download SVG' button
- Go back to ThingLink, open the image you'd like to edit and upload the custom icon you've just got!
Please make sure to get yourself familiar with licenses for each icon you download and follow the rules. An overview of different types of Iconfinder's licenses is available here.