What is ThingLink plugin for Unity
The plugin allows you to quickly export a scene from Unity as a 2D or 360° image to ThingLink, where you can add annotations, questions and comments, or export multiple 360° images and turn them into a lightweight virtual tour.
How to download and install the plugin
- Download the plugin here. The plugin will be available on the Unity Asset Store in the future.
Open your project in the Unity Editor.
Choose Assets > Import Package > Custom Package. Select the ThingLinkUnityPlugin_1-0.unitypackage file you've downloaded and click Open.
We recommend installing all items in the package and using the demo scene to explore the plugin.
How to use the plugin
Important! If you are new to ThingLink, please create an account here first. You need an account to use the plugin.
- Add the package to your project, then click the ThingLink icon in the upper-right corner
- Log in to your ThingLink account
- Move the camera to the desired location and click Upload
- Go to https://www.thinglink.com/ to view, edit and share the image on ThingLink.
Before clicking the upload button, you have two options:
- Export as 360°: by default, the plugin will export your current view as a 360 image. Uncheck this box to export a 2D image instead.
- Open ThingLink editor: if checked, ThingLink will open in your default browser once the image is uploaded. Note that if you are logged out of your ThingLink account in your browser, you'll need to sign in.