Embed code allows you to add parts of other websites to your ThingLink media via the 'Add content from website' tag. This article provides instructions on how to get embed code from some of the most popular services.
Please note that ThingLink does not support all embeds but should work fine with any iframe code. Notable exceptions include Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
Experiencing trouble with embed codes from other sources? Submit a request for tech support or let us know in the comments section below this article.
There's no need to get the embed code, you can just past the video URL inside an embed tag.
- Select a location on Google Maps
- Click the 'Share' button
- At the top of the new modal, click 'Embed a map'
- Click 'COPY HTML', then paste the code into a ThingLink tag
- Click 'File' in the upper-right corner, then click 'Publish to the web'
- Click 'Embed' in the modal window
- Click 'Publish', then copy the iframe code
- Click the 'Send' button in the upper-right corner
- Select the <> button (third option)
- Click 'Copy' to copy the iframe code, then paste it inside the ThingLink tag
- Click the 'Share' button under the presentation
- Copy the iframe code from the 'Embed' field, then paste it into a ThingLink tag
In general, it is possible to embed whole pages (i.e. Wikipedia articles) inside a tag.