Note: you can read the full overview of the changes & why we are updating the interface in our blog.
ThingLink is happy to present the new interface version called Saimaa. The update aims to make the interface easier to navigate & brings a number of functional improvements. As of January 2021, Saimaa is ready & available to everyone - you can switch via account settings or organization settings. See the FAQ section below for more information.
- Bulk upload & Content management: you can now upload multiple items at the same time, and once the upload is finished you can carry out bulk actions, such as changing the privacy settings or deleting multiple scenes at the same time. Learn more here.
- Improved folders: we've released a number of improvements for folders:
- The sharing process has been simplified.
- You can now share folders with groups as opposed to individual users.
- You can now create subfolders within folders.
- You can now add users as viewers if you'd like them to be able to access the folder without editing the content.
- Updated user management options:
- You can carry out actions with multiple users at once.
- You can promote users to the admin role with a single click.
- We've added a few more organization-level settings.
- Tweaked groups:
- Groups can now be assigned to folders.
- You can add existing users to groups similar to how you'd add users to folders.
- Groups are now available on eLearning/Corporate training accounts.
- 360° image library - use our library of 360° photos from around the world for your own projects.
- New third-party integrations - design your base images with Canva, search photos on Unsplash or pick files directly from your Google Drive and OneDrive.
- Deprecated features: Courses & Projects. We highly recommend using shared folders for group projects or sharing templates with your students.
... as well as a variety of smaller changes designed to make ThingLink easier to use.
Is Saimaa enabled for all users?
Yes. You should be able to switch between the interface versions via 'Account settings' - 'Interface version' at any time.
Note that if your account is part of an organizational account (e.g. a school or a premium marketing team), the interface version is controlled by your account admin. Please see this article for more details.
Can I use the old interface instead?
Yes. There are no immediate plans to deprecate the old interface, and we will keep you updated on the schedule for permanently transitioning to the new interface.
Does this affect the editor or my content?
This update has no effect on the editor or the content you've created.