Note: you can read the full overview of the upcoming changes & why we are updating the interface in our blog.
ThingLink will release a new interface version called Simaa later this year. The update aims to make the interface easier to navigate & brings a number of functional improvements. Saimaa is currently in closed beta but will be released for all users by the end of 2020. See the FAQ section below for more information.
- Bulk upload & Content management: you can now upload multiple items at the same time, and once the upload is finished you can carry out bulk actions, such as changing the privacy settings or deleting multiple scenes at the same time. Learn more here.
- Improved folders: we've released a number of improvements for folders:
- The sharing process has been simplified
- You can now share folders with groups as opposed to individual users
- You can now create subfolders within folders
- You can now add users as viewers if you'd like them to be able to access the folder without editing the content
- Updated user management options:
- You can carry out actions with multiple users at once
- You can promote users to the admin role with a single click
- We've added a few more organization-level settings
- Tweaked groups:
- Groups can now be assigned to folders
- You can add existing users to groups similarly to how you'd add users to folders
- Groups are now available on eLearning/Corporate training accounts
Is Saimaa enabled for all users?
We plan to make the update available for all users later this year. In the meantime, you can apply to try out the early version of Saimaa here.
Can I use the old interface instead?
Yes. Once Saimaa is released, you'll have an option to switch back to the old interface. There are no immediate plans to deprecate the interface you are currently using, and we will keep you updated on the schedule for permanently transitioning to the new interface.
Does this affect the editor or my content?
This update has no effect on the editor or the content you've created.