Profile settings allow you to manage your subscription and billing information, change your basic profile information and a few content-related settings.
Accessing profile settings
Click on your profile picture in the upper-right corner and select 'Profile settings' in the drop-down menu.
The billing tab allows you to manage your subscription and payment information.
If you are a non-admin user in an organizational account (e.g. a school or a Premium marketing team), this tab will be hidden.
Cancelling your subscription
If you have a paid subscription, you can cancel it by clicking the 'Cancel' button next to your plan name.
Changing your card details
If you wish to change your credit/debit card information, click on the 'Edit' button next to your card number.
General settings tab
Profile settings & information
- Profile image: your profile picture will be displayed on any content you create to other ThingLink users.
- Username: your username is the name of your account. Your username is displayed on any content you create. It is also shown to other members of your organization, e.g. when adding other users to a folder. Click the 'Edit' button to change your username.
- Country: this setting is used to determine any applicable taxes should you choose to purchase a subscription. We determine your location automatically during the sign up based on your IP address. Click the 'Edit' button to change this setting.
- Interface version: this setting controls which interface version you are using. Note that if your account is part of an organizational account (e.g. a school or a Premium marketing team), this setting is controlled by your admin.
- Interface language: this setting controls the interface language. You can read more about language settings here.
- Level of support: ThingLink has a global support team. Use this setting if you'd like to limit who can access your data. Note that if your account is part of an organizational account, this setting is controlled by your admin.
- Content age rating: this setting determines the age rating for content you create and the content you'll be able to see on ThingLink. This setting cannot be changed.
- Allow newsletters: this setting controls whether you'd like us to send you product-related emails, such as news on upcoming updates & new features, case studies or discount codes.
Note that we may still send your service-related notifications if you unsubscribe from the newsletter.
- Allow cloning: this setting controls whether other users can clone your content or not.
Login & security tab
This tab allows you to change your email address, manage your password, see any third-party accounts you've used to log in and delete your account.
Changing your email address
Click the 'Edit' button to change your email address, then simply enter your password and a new email address.
Managing your password
- Resetting your password: click 'Reset' to request a password reset link.
- Changing your password: click 'Change' to change your password. Note that you'll need to enter your current password first.
Deleting your account
Simply click 'Delete' on the Login & security tab. You'll be asked to enter your password and confirm the deletion.
- If your account is part of an organizational account, you'll need to ask your admin to remove you from the organization or delete the account for you.
- If you have a paid account, you'll need to cancel your subscription before your account can be deleted.
- If you have created your ThingLink account using a Microsoft or Google account, you'll need to reset your password first.
The editor tab allows you to switch between current and legacy editor versions and control settings for the legacy editor. You can read more about the legacy editor here.
Note that if your account is part of an organizational account (e.g. a school or a Premium marketing team), the editor version is controlled by your admin.